If over 80% of all traffic is driven to commercial websites via search, it only makes sense to pay close attention to how the search engines are reacting to your site. Here are 8 quick search analytics that you should keep an eye on.
- Crawling Errors – what pages or images or links are missing on your site and subsequently from your readers?
- Pages Indexed – is everything that you’re posting being indexed properly?
- Your site rankings over time – this is a very important area to monitor for threats and opportunities.
- Keyword referrals from search – everything begins and ends with understanding and optimizing your site’s keywords.
- Link traffic – who’s coming from where and why?
- Goal pages and conversions – managing and optimizing your website properly requires constant testing for better conversion ratios.
- Social media traffic – the conversations about your company are going on with or without you.
- Inbound links – your link juice comes via QQL (quantity, quality and longevity)